Do you like problem-solving? You want to be face-to-face with the best math teachers in the country? Then you are in the right place!
- MathLinks Camp
- We are a three-week (July 5 – July 23, 2015) residential math summer program for students ages 11 to 18, based in San Diego, California.
- Our goal is to help improve our students’ problem solving abilities, all in a fun and challenging environment. Our faculty includes some of the best math instructors in the country, which you can learn more about on our Faculty page.
- Valentin Vornicu, Director
- Valentin has been an Art of Problem Solving Instructor for the past 10 years. He has published a widely used problem solving text (in Romanian), has numerous accolades in Math Competitions, including a Bronze Medal at the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), has been a coach of the Romanian IMO Team for 4 years, a Coordinator for the IMO for 4 years and has been a student or a teacher on more than 40 different Math Camps.
- We will have three different levels of difficulty running in parallel, ranging from middle-school math (Mathcounts, AMC 8 style), to AMC10, AMC12 level and all the way up to AIME and USAMO levels. The campers will be placed in groups according to their skill level, but they will have the possibility to move from one group to another.
- Our instructors will teach problem solving techniques curtailed to the level of the group. Additionally, the instructors will be using the state-of-the-art Art of Problem Solving books and materials in some of the classes.
- Among all other math camps, why pick us?
- In short, we believe we have the best teachers, the best curriculum and we know how to put together a really fun camp. If you need more detailed reasons there’s a big list here.
- How to Apply?
- It’s pretty simple — visit our Application Page, complete an application form and send it to us.
- A former AoPS Student about a class with Valentin Vornicu: “A fantastic class with a renowned teacher that absolutely knew the study of Algebra! Each challenge set was challenging and really meant to satisfy the minds of math scholars. Thanks for a great course!“
- Andrei Stefanescu, triple Silver medalist at the IMO, former student of Valentin: “Valentin explains math in an easy, calm and clear way, but at the same time he’s very enthusiastic about it. I owe much of my success to his lessons!“
- If you have any other questions, please browse the site, and do not hesitate contact us. You might even find your answer in our FAQ.